What are the VA's primary responsibilities?
Based in Farringdon, your role will be to work alongside the Managing Director and Company Secretary supporting on various aspects of litigation, case management and liaising with counsel. You will supervised by a qualified lawyer.
Your new role
• Supporting the development of a legal function of varying degrees of experience to be an efficient and cohesive unit in a growing business
• Ability to follow instructions, understand commercial considerations and a high level of attention to detail.
• Reducing unnecessarily incurred disbursements and mitigating costs risk
• Deal with escalated complaints within the business and drive improvements in regulatory compliance across the board
• Assist with the management and evaluation of the performance of external solicitors
• Deal with litigation for and against the business on a bespoke basis, including instruction and management of any external solicitors
• Provide guidance and support on compliance and regulatory matters to colleagues across the business
• It would highly desirable if the candidate had broad commercial litigation experience and trademark and intellectual property law experience.
What you'll need to succeed
• Experienced Paralegal (career Paralegals are welcome to apply) who has been supervised previously by a qualified lawyer [Note to Amar – we do not want someone who has never been supervised by a qualified lawyer as they will have no idea what they are doing]. • Proven experience of litigating files in your own name under supervision in the County Court and High Court (essential) and Employment Tribunal (desirable).
• Experience of litigation, dispute resolution, employment law, property law, including Advocacy, with a good working knowledge of the Civil Procedures Rules
• Working knowledge of data protection and the requirement of GDPR preferable.
• Ability to cope well under pressure, multitask, and can adapt to changing circumstances and team working
• Extensive drafting experience, including p…
What would a typical day in this role look like?
Working with lawyers and barristers instructed by Mr Lodhia on various matters.
Managing and co-ordinating Mr Lodhia’s diary and appointments.
Will the VA be required to know and use the tawk.to software?
What geographic timezone will the VA be working in?
How many hours/week do you require?
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hour Expectations on different days
Monday- Friday 10am - 7pm