Spf.io is an all-in-one platform that provides translation and accessibility for live events. Our vision is to make every event accessible in every language.
We’re seeking a software development engineer to take the product to its next iteration, providing a seamless self-service experience for customers, graceful online/offline support (through Progressive Web Apps), internationalization, customer analytics, and scalable cloud infrastructure.
What are the VA's primary responsibilities?
Within the team you will:
- Collaborate with the product owner and technical lead to deliver the product vision.
- Drive discussions on architecture, design, and strategy for delivering on business outcomes.
- Lead design, development of core features and products
- Be part of all stages of software development life-cycle, including definition, design, development, implementation
- Be part of the team estimation/planning activities
What would a typical day in this role look like?
- Scrum, daily stand up, code development, code review, supervised AI
What are the “must-have” skillsets of a successful candidate?
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- At least 2 years minimum experience building scalable software.
- Evidence of working with algorithms, data structures, efficiency, concurrency, and performance optimization.
- Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- What are the “nice-to-have” skillsets of a successful candidate?
- Experience with WebRTC
- Experience with mobile app development